Guide to improving your Senior Employment Contracts
The more senior the employee you are hiring or promoting, the larger the potential risk posed to your business. Here are some drafting tips:-
- for non-director level senior staff add express contractual obligations to match duties owed by statutory directors e.g. an obligation to report their wrongdoing.
- state that a Companies House directorship must be accepted if offered, and that such appointment will not be resigned unless so requested by the company.
- include a power of attorney enabling you to remove a Companies House directorship without consent if necessary.
- protect your business contacts by requiring the deletion of such connections from the employee’s business-related social media accounts upon termination and before any employment status profile update is made.
- include restrictions to apply during the employment (to mirror what you should have in your post-termination restrictions) e.g. not to approach clients with a view to poaching them and not to set up a competing business.
If you need help with drafting or reviewing your senior employment contracts please contact David Greenhalgh on 020 3603 2177.
This article/blog is for reference purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking or deciding not to take any action.